You are in: Home >

Articles, tagged with "port of entry", page 1

Immigration Law

Non-immigrants can extend the stay in the US

16th December 2011
People come to the US for a number of reasons. US is the home to great number of immigrants who enter the US to work and settle down there. Once they get a green card and begin a comfortable life there, they move on to become US citizens. This is the high...
Author: Jessica Potter

How to Request Permission for Re-Entry into US after Deportation?

16th November 2011
Any person who gets deported from US would wish to visit US again as they might have surely deported with pending commitments and they would want to accomplish it. So, often the question of whether such deported persons can re-enter US arises and this que...
Author: hazel Ickes

Denied entry into Canada or was your application refused?

30th September 2011
Has Canadian immigration denied you entry to Canada or has your application for a Canada work permit or for Canadian permanent residency been refused? Although hiring a lawyer is not required to submit an application for Canadian immigration, it is advisa...
Author: fwcanada
Immigration Law

Benefits of Being a Green Card Holder

14th June 2011
Being a green card holder, also referred to as a U.S Permanent Resident, has its privileges. If you are not aware of these benefits, here is a list of the most important ones: 1. Hassle Free Entry/Exit from the U.S One of the most important benefits...
Author: brentwood
Immigration Law

An Immigration Attorney's 10 Reasons to Develop into a Citizen

27th May 2011
for a lot more than 1 hundred and eighty days Permanent Citizens can effortlessly forfeit their green card on tried re-entry in the occasion the Port of Entry decides that the green card has been abandoned. An immigration lawyer can get a re-entry permit ...
Author: Gregg Mcdowell
Immigration Law

What is an I-94 or I-94W?

23rd May 2011
Foreign nationals visiting the United States must complete an I-94 if they hold a valid visa, or an I-94W if they are traveling without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program. The I-94 card is provided by the transportation carrier (for example the airli...
Author: brentwood
Immigration Law

The Green Card renewal procedure For Form I-90

22nd February 2011
A permanent resident card (Green Card) is normally valid for ten years. On its expiry, you need to undergo the Green Card renewal procedure by filing Form I-90, Application to switch Permanent Resident Card together with the USCIS. Though these renewing e...
Author: Al Kola
Immigration Law

K1 FiancÚ Visa Interview in the US Embassy in Bangkok

21st February 2011
The fiancÚ visa, also referred to as the K1 visa, can be a form of visa granted exclusively towards the fiancÚ of US citizens. It has really couple of eligibility preconditions just like the age, monetary adequacy and meeting requirement. Becoming so, a l...
Author: Jon Raymond
Immigration Law

Green card address change after marring a US citizen

21st February 2011
Everyone has a dream to stay in United States of America. There are many steps to get permanent citizenship through marriage in US. One has to finish some of these steps after his or her spouse or fiancÚ's entry in US and some steps after he or she enter...
Author: Julian Marquez
Immigration Law

Instructions for Renewal of Green Card

08th February 2011
The permanent resident card or green card is Form I-551; it is the evidence of a legal right to live and work in the United States. The validity period of a green card is ten years. The expiration date is printed on the front side of card. A green card mu...
Author: Matthew Duran
Immigration Law

Is Tourist Visa Available For Foreign Fiancee?

25th January 2011
Many American Citizens assume that a tourist visa would be available for their foreign fiancee to travel to the USA. This is incorrect. When the foreign fiancee appears at the US Embassy for a tourist visa interview, the counselor officer will deny the vi...
Author: Brian
Immigration Law

Is It Possible to Get A Green Card Through Marriage to a Citizen?

05th January 2011
A person can get permanent residence by marrying a U.S. Citizen. This involves a number of steps. You have to be over and done with few steps before your fiancÚ enters the US and some after he or she has already entered US. Steps to be pursued as your fia...
Author: Efren Bradford
Immigration Law

After Your Fiancee Receives her Philippines K1 Visa

10th November 2010
After Your Fiancee Receives her Philippines K1 Visa Congratulations! Finally, your fiancee can now join you in the United States. You must be full of plans for her trip here and brimming with excitement with the many possibilities now that she has h...
Author: fianceevisa
Immigration Law

Introduction to Chinese Visas for Foreign Nationals

06th July 2010
Chinese visa is a permit issued to a foreigner by the Chinese visa authorities for entry into, exit from or transit through the Chinese territory. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a diplomatic, courtesy, service or ordinary visa to a foreigner accor...
Author: Tom Lee
Immigration Law

R1 and EB5 Immigrant Investor Visas Compared

30th June 2010
The fifth preference employment based visa (EB5) was created in 1990 as a way for foreign investors to gain United States permanent residency (and eventual citizenship if desired), through an investment in a new or pre-existing American business that sees...
Author: Tim Kennedy