You are in: Home > Authors
Paul Anderson
Member Since: 06th April 2010
No of Articles: 57
About Me:
Immigration Law

Who Can Apply for K3 Visa?

14th January 2011
Living in the US after marrying can be boring if the spouse or family is not with you. Such people by all means try to bring their family as well to the US . True enough, uniting with the family and living in the US is a pleasant experience. In order to ...
Immigration Law

Filing for US Visa Extensions

04th January 2011
Of the many visas granted in the United States, visas for visiting the United States comes to you with a time line and you must leave the country or face the risk of being deported. However, there are instances where a person may wish to stay longer in ...
Immigration Law

What is the Purpose of Form I-140?

17th December 2010
If you are one among those who wish to work in the US permanently, then here we go. Not many know the fact that they can be sponsored a green card by an employer. The form I-140 is a petition filed by the US employer for a foreign national to work in the...
Immigration Law

What is Adjustment of Status?

08th December 2010
If you are already in the US and are eligible to apply for a green card based on being sponsored by an employer or family member or based on holding asylee or refugee status, you can apply for adjustment of status by filing Form I-485 with the USCIS. If ...
Immigration Law

Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

26th November 2010
An immigrant can become a US citizen either by birth or through Naturalization. Naturalization is generally referred to as the procedure through which a person not born in the United States voluntarily becomes a U.S. Citizen. Immigrants who wish to get ...
Immigration Law

Who Can Apply for a K-1 Visa?

22nd November 2010
The INA (Immigration and Nationality Act) defines a K-1 visa as a non-immigrant visa classification for aliens coming to the United States to marry an American citizen and to set up residence in the United States. Procedure and requirements for K-1 vi...
Immigration Law

How to Apply for H1B Visa Extension?

15th November 2010
As of today there are so many options that are open for those who wish to work temporarily in the United States on a H1B extension. There are many work categories that include intra-company transfer visa (L-1 visa), B-1 visa, H-2B visa, H-3 visa, O-1 visa...
Immigration Law

H1B Visa Requirements and Process

09th November 2010
Any foreign national who seeks to enter the United States must obtain a visa. The United States visas are classified into Immigrant and Non-immigrant visas. The immigrant visas are used by people who wish to travel to live permanently in US and non-immigr...
Immigration Law

Getting a H1 visa

20th October 2010
Every foreign national who wishes to enter United States must obtain a visa. The United States visas are classified into Immigrant and Non-immigrant visas. Immigrant visas are used by people who wish to travel to live permanently in US. Non-immigrant vi...
Immigration Law

How to get a US visitor Visa?

13th October 2010
People from abroad who wish to enter United States, must obtain American Visitor Visa which is placed in the passport of the individual. A visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. Instead it determines the eligibility of the individual to se...
Immigration Law

When do I need to fill out an Affidavit of Support?

05th October 2010
Immmigrants who are applying to obtain a Green Card through a family member must submit an I-864, Affidavit of Support form. The Affidavit of Support form is used to show the USCIS that a Green Card applicant has a financial sponsor and has enough financi...
Immigration Law

The Rights of Being a Lawful Permanent Resident

27th September 2010
Applying for a green card : There are different ways to get a permanent resident status. A family member who is a US citizen or permanent resident can sponsor you for a green card. Else, you can also get one through the Diversity Visa lottery program t...

What supporting documents do I need to submit with the Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions

22nd September 2010
Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence is a petition used to remove the conditons on residence. If you are a conditional resident and obtained the conditional status through marriage, then you should use Form I-751 for removal of condi...
Immigration Law

Reasons Why you Need to Renew your Green Card

20th September 2010
A permanent resident is the one who is granted authorization to live and work permanently in the United States. As a proof of the permanent resident status the individual is given an identification or an authorization card which is commonly called as Gree...
Immigration Law

Online Green card Renewal

13th September 2010
Online Green Card renewal is one of the ways in which you can get your green card renewed. A green card signifies your lawful permanent status in the US. Though your status is permanent your card is valid only for 10 years and has to be renewed regularly....
1 2 3 4