You are in: Home > Authors
Paul Anderson
Member Since: 06th April 2010
No of Articles: 57
About Me:
Immigration Law

What is form I-485?

01st September 2010
Form I-485 is the application form to register permanent residence or adjustment of status . This is filed by an individual or a non US citizen to obtain permanent resident status in the US. Form I-485 is for the non US citizens who are in the US and are ...
Immigration Law

Who is Eligible to Sponsor Family Based Green Card

19th August 2010
A permanent resident is a person who is granted authorization to live and work permanently in the United States. As a proof of the permanent resident status the individual is given an authorization card which is commonly called as Green Card and officiall...
Immigration Law

When should I take the Naturalization test?

10th August 2010
In order to qualify for U.S. citizenship, almost all applicants are required to take an English language test and a Civics test. Generally, applicants must establish to the satisfaction of the interviewing officer that they are able to read, write and spe...
Immigration Law

How to get my Family a green card

05th August 2010
Green Card holders (Permanent Residents) have been authorized to live and work permanently in the US. Family based immigration is an immigrant visa classification where it allows an individual to become a permanent resident through a family member who is...
Immigration Law

How to replace green card?

19th July 2010
Having a greencard (permanent resident card) is a proof of being officially granted immigration benefits to live and work in the United States legally. You can work and live in the US permanently. Being a greencard holder additionally qualifies you for c...
Immigration Law

Can I work while my Green Card application is pending?

28th June 2010
Immigrants who are in the United States for temporary stay should file Form I765, application for employment authorization with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services or USCIS, to receive an EAD or Employment Authorization Document. The EA...
Immigration Law

Should I renew my Green Card or apply for citizenship?

21st June 2010
Green Card or Permanent Resident Card is a proof of your permanent resident status in the United States. It is a valid identification document to prove that you are eligible to live and work in the U.S. Some Green Cards contain no expiration date, while m...
Immigration Law

How do I apply for a reentry permit?

14th June 2010
There are some limitations for a Permanent resident to travel outside U.S. and return. A reentry permit will help a Permanent resident to enter into U.S. without any problem. A reentry permit is used to determine that you did not intend to abandon your st...
Immigration Law

What is Form I-94?

04th June 2010
Form I-94 is an Arrival Departure Record that has the information about the date of entry into the United States, class of admission and when the authorized stay expires. Whenever a non-immigrant enters the United States, Form I-94 must be completed at th...
Immigration Law

What is a Biometrics Notice?

01st June 2010
Green Card and Naturalization applicants needs to take the USCIS Biometrics for the purpose of Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal background checks. Certain application like I-90, N-400, I-485, etc., requires USCIS Biometrics to be taken. In this c...
Immigration Law

Can I sponsor my brother or sister for a Green Card?

18th May 2010
You can make use of the family-based green card process to apply a green card for your brother or sister. If you are a U.S. citizen, you should have gained your citizenship through naturalization or citizenship process, and you should be above 21 years o...
Immigration Law

How do I get a US Student Visa?

08th April 2010
Whether you want to enter a short course or get a Ph.D. in philosophy, a US student visa may allow you to do so in the United States. There are two non-immigrant visa categories for the foreign nationals wishing to study in the United States. The "F" v...
1 2 3 4