You are in: Home > Legal

Understanding the Last Will and Testament Forms

20th January 2010
By James Kahn in Legal
RSS Legal RSS    Views: N/A

In some point in life a person need to make his last will and testament. Understanding what is Last Will and Testament document is very helpful. It is described as a legal document executed by a person before his death, subdividing his property to his heirs. This document commonly deals with money and property. However before making one the person needs to know the appropriate form he needs to make.

There are different kinds of Last Will and Testament forms that will suit your needs such as;

1. For single person without children. In this form you can declare that your property will be inherited to a particular person but must be within the family. Or you can declare that all your property will be subdivided to your brothers and sisters or to your parents.
2. For single person with children. In this form you can put direct your children as your primary and only heir. Whether or not your children failed or followed your final request stated on the document.
3. For unmarried partner. If your partner has been married before, separated but not divorce this form will suits you best. You can state on your last will and testament that your life partner can stay your house until his lifetime even the house was inherited by your children. But if you wish him to inherit part of your property you must put him as your alternative beneficiaries or guardian to your minor children and given portion of your property as his reward of deeds.

4. For married person without children. In this form you can specify that only your spouse will received all your property. But you can assign alternative beneficiaries if your spouse failed to comply the terms and conditions you enclose on the document.
5. For married person with adult children. This document is suitable for widower, single parent or married person with adult children only. In this form you can specify direct the authority to your heir (adult child). You can state your final request and condition before your adult child can have the ownership of your property.
6. For married person with minor children. This form you will specify your spouse name and the names of your minor children along with their date of birth. You need to appoint somebody as guardian to your children in behalf of your spouse when he failed to do his duties and responsibilities to your children. Your last request will be specified particularly with your remains and where you like to be buried. And you can put conditions regarding your spouse management whether he will fail or maintain his duties and responsibilities to your children and of your property before the children reach the right age to have their share of property.

7. For married person with minor and adult children. In this form you will specify the name of your adult and minor children. You can appoint your adult children to be the guardian of your minor children if your spouse failed to do his duties and responsibilities. You can automatically assigned your adult children to manage the property of your minor children before they turn 18 years of age or when they are capable of running their own property. And you can declare whether you prefer that your adult children to manage all your property rather than your spouse.
This article is free for republishing
Bookmark and Share

Ask a Question about this Article

powered by Yedda