You are in: Home > Taxes

IRS Tax Debt Issue at the time of Tax Filing

14th October 2010
By Jerry Smith in Taxes
RSS Legal RSS    Views: N/A

It cannot be at the top of planning a wedding, but there are a few simple steps that happiness can help you stop your spouse’s tax issues. If you recently married before, check out your new tax filing situation. You can save money or even prevent the problem of a missing fast tax refund check.
The first things to handle are changes of name and address. Later, as tax season approaches consider whether or not you itemize deductions, the Tax return preparation form is right for you and what you use tax filing status.
No one should immediately cut the cake or honeymoon because of taxes. But here are some tips for later:
Use your real name
You must have the correct names and identification numbers to claim personal tax exemptions on investment return. Your last name when marrying let the Social Security Administration know and update your Social Security card, so that number is the name of again. Use Form SS-5, Social Security card application.

Change of address

If you or your spouse has a new address to tell, the U.S. Postal Service, so that it will be able to forward any tax refunds or IRS correspondence. The postal service also applies through the IRS your new address for the update. Can also communicate directly to the IRS no later than the form of a deposit 8822nd

Refund Checks

Each year, the Postal Service returns thousands of checks a tax refund undeliverable, usually because the addressee has moved. Notify both the Postal Service and IRS can help in time of a change of address to ensure proper delivery of refund check. To view the status of a tax refund, visit the IRS website and use the “Where’s my tax refund?”

Changing filing status

Your marital status on Dec. 31 to determine if you are married, as this year. Married couples can file their federal taxes Get back together or separately in any given year. Choosing the right filing status can save money.

A joint return (married filing jointly) allows spouses to combine their income and their return to the deduction of expenses and tax deductions combined on a single. Both spouses must sign the return and the two are responsible for the content.

With separate returns (Married Filing separately), each spouse signs, files and is responsible for its own tax return. Each taxed on his income, and only her individual deductions and credits. If a spouse Point deductions, the other must also.
This article is copyright
Bookmark and Share

Ask a Question about this Article

powered by Yedda