You are in: Home > Immigration Law

Australian Visas: Evidence of Genuine Relationship

23rd December 2009
By Haines in Immigration Law
RSS Legal RSS    Views: N/A

If you are getting a visa for Australia as a partner (as a spouse, de facto, fiancé and interdependent), you will be asked to provide proof of genuine and continuing relationship. Whether you are applying for the first time as for a temporary Australia visa or for a more permanent partner visa, this is often included as part of the requirements.

One of the things you can present is a statement or statutory declaration outlining the history of your relationship. It can include details such as how, when and where you first met. You may also include details of how your relationship developed, when you decided to get married or start a defacto relationship and your current domestic arrangements. If you've had periods of separation, this must also be included with reason why the separation occurred and when. Your future plans are also a vital part of your declaration.

There are also four categories that need to be accomplished as evidence of your ongoing relationship: financial aspect, nature of the household, social context of the relationship and the nature of your commitment to each other.

When applying for a partner visa for Australia, you will be required to provide evidence that you share financial commitments and responsibilities such as joint ownership of assets, sharing of finances, legal commitments, or having joint bank accounts.

You will also be asked to provide evidence that you and your partner share responsibilities within the household as part of your Australia visa application. This may include your living arrangements, distribution of housework, joint ownership of rental of the residence, utilities accounts, living expenses and more.

For social context, you would need to provide evidence that shows you and your partner are generally accepted as a couple socially (ie in invitations), the assessment of your friends, declaration to government parties, statutory declarations made by parents and family members. Joint participation in groups, travel, sports cultural events and social activities are also acceptable evidence.

You may also be asked to provide evidence on the nature of your commitment to each other, including knowledge of each other's personal circumstances, intention that the relationship will be long-term, terms of wills, etc.

It is advised that you provide as much evidence as you can that will support the stability of your relationship. You may be asked to provide information during the processing of your Australian visa.

National Visas offer the best services that people might have ask. If you stumble upon this site you can browse the services that certainly will be veryhelpful and useful. People can choose from tourist visa, student visa, travel visa,visitor and work visa whichever they suppose to process. So if you want to applyfor these Visas you might want to check this site first to get enough informationbefore gathering all your requirements.

This article is copyright
Bookmark and Share

Ask a Question about this Article

powered by Yedda