What To Do If You Have Delinquent Tax Returns

By: Rogelio Little | Posted: 15th February 2011

What they can do is mediate between your and the IRS, so you don't have to keep calling the IRS to find conflicting, hard-to-understand data on what you need to do to apply for and get tax relief. In fact, these tax professionals will know how on the spot and will just call the IRS once they're ready to haggle.

When it comes to cost, enrolled agents generally win. Attorneys are notoriously expensive, and CPAs are somewhere in the middle. Of course, these are generalizations and you should request and compare quotes from more than one tax professional.

Research the continuing education of a small business CPA and accounting firm. If they do not have a good record of accomplishment, skip them and go on to the next one you are considering. A professional tax service cannot afford to get behind on tax changes. You cannot expect a good job from a service that does not possess the latest updated facts.

Preparing an income tax return can be frustrating and confusing. Luckily, you have the option of choosing a professional to prepare your taxes for you. This will not remove all the frustration and irritation that comes with a tax return, but it will help you to better cope with most of it.

Make sure the person you hire to prepare your income tax return charges fair and competitive rates. Don't hire the first person you come across. Compare fees and charges, along with certification, references, experience, and reputation. Combining these factors when comparing tax professionals should help you greatly in making the right choice regarding who is going to prepare your tax return.

Enrolled Agents (EA's). EA's are federally licensed individuals who specialize in areas of taxation - including tax preparation. Since they are licensed and trained specifically for taxation - EA's are considered a skilled and knowledgeable resource for tax advice and are most frequently employed for more complex tax situations. Not surprisingly, many EA's are ex-IRS employees. The easiest way to find an enrolled agent is going to naea.org. Similar to CPA's, in most cases an EA will cost you more retail tax preparer.

Taxes is Law. Don't let anyone tell you differently. Its easy once you get the hang of it -- however, the on site classes don't help you with this realization until after they have overwhelmed you with new information, tax laws, homework and quizzes.

For persons who have more then a seasonal desire to work in taxes, you can opt to become a Tax Accountant and work with individuals and small businesses. Tax Accountants not only prepare taxes, they help you with tax planning based upon a client's monthly income, expenses and goals.

Long before it is time to file taxes you should begin to think about how your business will use a professional financial planner to make sure that you benefit from every available tax break in the UK tax code for your particular business. While this will take some advance planning and an investment of time and money the savings it will produce at the end of a tax season make it very worthwhile. An investment in professional accounting is one of the best investments you can make for your small business. It is every company, business and income earning individuals wish to pay lesser tax on the income earned. However, paying lesser tax and tax evasion is separated by a thin border, which can be costly if not dealt with carefully.About the Author
{if $articleAuthor->occupation}
Occupation: {$articleAuthor->occupation}
{if $articleAuthor->website}
This article is free for republishing
Printed From: http://www.goinglegal.com/what-to-do-if-you-have-delinquent-tax-returns-2035913.html

Back to the original article

Tags: good job, first person, generalizations, accomplishment, right choice, continuing education, cpas, cpa, tax relief, income tax return, tax advice, accounting firm, tax preparation, tax professionals, professional tax