You are in: Home > Immigration Law

Filing For a Fiance Visa for the Philippines

10th November 2010
By fianceevisa in Immigration Law
RSS Legal RSS    Views: N/A

Filing ForaFiance Visa forthe Philippines

Bringing your Filipina fiance in the United States can be a complicated process. It can cost you a lot of money and cause many frustrations if you do not know the correct process for applying for a fiancee visa. We at can help you more quickly begin your life together in the U.S. by guiding you through the best way of handling this process efficiently and at less cost and stress to you.

A Filipina who wants to join her American fiance in the United States needs a temporary non-immigrant visa called the K1 visa. It is the card that will allow somebody who wants to marry an American citizen to come to the United Sates for 90 days. A legally qualified American citizen must file the K1 visa in the U.S. The following are the basic steps in filing for the K1 visa for your Filipina fiancee.

STEP 1 - Filing the Fiancee Visa Petition. You will need to file the I-129F petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that has jurisdiction over your permanent place of residence. You will need to fill these forms perfectly and produce all the substantiating evidence needed to avoid delays in processing your petition. Our team of experts takes care of this for you.

STEP 2 - Temporary Approval of the Petition. Once the USCIS approves the petition, it will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will then forward the petition to the American Embassy in Manila, Philippines. At this point, the process has typically taken 2 to 4 months.

STEP 3 - Your Fiancee is notified. You fiancee will be notified by the embassy in Manila once they received the approved petition. This notification will include the K1 visa packet with instructions on how to apply for the visa. She will also be scheduled for medical examination and visa interview.

STEP 4 - Apply for the fiancee visa. Your fiancee will first have to pay the application and processing fee. After she has completed the required medical examination, she must come to the embassy with all the required documents, which our experts prepare, for the visa interview. Our team can provide a guide for her to review and give her assistance in preparation for the interview.

A consular officer will then adjudicate the application based on the interview and all the relevant documents,and determine if your fiancee is qualified to be issued the K1 visa. If the application is approved, she will receive the fiancee visa by courier service within 7 to 10 days.
We understand your need to want to start life with your partner in the U.S. in the soonest possible time. So call us now and let us help you get a fiance visa for your sweetheart in the Philippines.
This article is copyright
Bookmark and Share

Ask a Question about this Article

powered by Yedda